Silver Lake Psychology is now offering teletherapy for Teens 14+
Silver Lake Psychology is happy to now offer it’s industry leading teletherapy services for teenagers fourteen and over. The stress of being a teen plus the pandemic has led to a need to provide mental health services for teens 14 and over.
Mental disorders among kids are serious changes in behavior and emotion, causing distress and problems getting through the day. Among the more common mental disorders that can be diagnosed in childhood are ADHD, anxiety, and behavior disorders.
Some important statistics regarding mental health in teens over fourteen are:
- 9.4% of children aged 2-17 years (approximately 6.1 million) have received an ADHD diagnosis.2 Read more information on ADHD here.
- 7.4% of children aged 3-17 years (approximately 4.5 million) have a diagnosed behavior problem.3
- 7.1% of children aged 3-17 years (approximately 4.4 million) have diagnosed anxiety.3
- 3.2% of children aged 3-17 years (approximately 1.9 million) have diagnosed depression.3
What are some of the main diagnosis of teens age 14+
There are many different diagnoses that affect teenagers. If you’re concerned or the parent of a teen that is exhibiting symptoms, we recommend having them see a therapist. Some of the mental health conditions that may be considered are:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
There may be other mental health conditions that may be considered. Working with a therapist that specializes in working with teens like those at Silver Lake Psychology can help to improve symptoms, reduce negative effects in your life, and increase your quality of life.
What will you discuss with your Silver Lake Psychology Therapist?
For many, this may be your first time in therapy. Having an idea of what you expect can make it an easier decision to start therapy. The first step is that you’ll work with one of our Matching Experts. They’ll help navigate your insurance coverage, learn about your needs, and match you with your ideal therapist. If at any time it’s not the right fit for you, just let one of our Matching Experts know. They’ll rematch you with a therapist to make sure that you have the best client-therapist relationship possible. This is a main indicator of clinical success and one of the best parts of working with Silver Lake Psychology.
Once you meet your therapist for the first time, they’ll go over their process. They’ll go over the basics of therapy, safety, and how they’ll work with you. The first session is a bit more fact-finding than a traditional session. Once you start the second session you’ll begin the process.
What topics will I discuss with my therapist at Silver Lake Psychology?
There are many different topics that you can discuss with your therapist. Some may include: family relationships, romantic relationships, other relationships, school, bullying, social media, self esteem and anything else that you may be going through. This could include trauma, violence, family strife, or other issues. Your therapist will custom build a treatment plan to best meet your needs.
Why work with a teen therapist specialist at Silver Lake Psychology?
A teen therapist specialist at Silver Lake Psychology is trained to work with teenagers to help them with the unique experiences, stress of COVID, and challenges of daily life. Working with a therapist doesn’t have the stigma that it did even a few years ago.
Working to increase your emotional intelligence, learn coping skills, and manage symptoms and any mental health conditions is a sign of strength. Building your mental health strategy from an early age can lead to long standing benefits throughout your life. Working with a Silver Lake Psychology teen therapist specialist will help! Contact a Silver Lake Psychology Matching Expert today!
We also offer other services like Addiction Specialist, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Personal Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Therapy, OCD Specialists, Depression Specialists, Telehealth, and a lot more!
- Perou R, Bitsko RH, Blumberg SJ, Pastor P, Ghandour RM, Gfroerer JC, Hedden SL, Crosby AE, Visser SN, Schieve LA, Parks SE, Hall JE, Brody D, Simile CM, Thompson WW, Baio J, Avenevoli S, Kogan MD, Huang LN. Mental health surveillance among children – United States, 2005—2011. MMWR 2013;62(Suppl; May 16, 2013):1-35. [Read summary]
- Danielson ML, Bitsko RH, Ghandour RM, Holbrook JR, Blumberg SJ. Prevalence of parent-reported ADHD diagnosis and associated treatment among U.S. children and adolescents, 2016. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. Published online before print January 24, 2018. [Read article]