Navigating the complex world of adolescence can be challenging for teens and their families. During these important years, mental health support becomes crucial in fostering a healthy transition into adulthood. Silver Lake Psychology stands out as a beacon of hope and guidance, offering unparalleled teen counseling services. Here’s why Silver Lake is your best choice for addressing the mental health concerns of the young individuals in your life through teen therapy.
Unmatched Expertise In Teen Mental Health
Silver Lake Psychology is renowned for its exceptional team of licensed mental health professionals, including psychologists, therapists, and counselors who specialize in adolescent psychology. Our experts are adept at assessing and treating a wide range of mental health issues that teens face today. From anxiety, depression, and stress to more complex conditions like eating disorders and severe mood swings, our mental health professionals have the knowledge and experience to offer comprehensive care.
Some important statistics regarding mental health in teens over fourteen are:
- 9.4% of children aged 2-17 years (approximately 6.1 million) have received an ADHD diagnosis.2 Read more information on ADHD here.
- 7.4% of children aged 3-17 years (approximately 4.5 million) have a diagnosed behavior problem.3
- 7.1% of children aged 3-17 years (approximately 4.4 million) have diagnosed anxiety.3
- 3.2% of children aged 3-17 years (approximately 1.9 million) have diagnosed depression.3
Comprehensive Mental Health Services Tailored for Teens
Understanding that each teen is unique, Silver Lake offers a variety of therapy options to meet individual needs:
- Individual Therapy: One-on-one sessions with licensed therapists focus on providing personalized support, helping teens navigate their mental health struggles in a safe and understanding environment.
- Group Therapy Sessions: Facilitated by experienced mental health professionals, these sessions allow teens to connect with peers facing similar issues, fostering a sense of community and mutual support.
- Online Therapy and Counseling: With the advent of technology, Silver Lake has embraced online counseling and therapy for teens, ensuring access to mental health support from the comfort of home, making it easier for today’s digital-savvy youth to seek help.
- Medication Management: When necessary, our team includes mental health professionals qualified in medication management, working closely with teens and their families to monitor and adjust treatment plans for the best outcomes.
- Specialized Programs for Eating Disorders: Recognizing the prevalence and severity of eating disorders among teens, Silver Lake offers specialized programs aimed at addressing these complex mental health conditions with compassion and expertise.
Why Choose Silver Lake Psychology?
- A Diverse Team of Experts: Our licensed mental health professionals come from a variety of backgrounds, ensuring a good match for every teen’s unique needs.
- Evidence-Based Practices: Silver Lake is committed to using the most current and effective approaches in mental health treatment, ensuring your teen receives the highest standard of care.
- Accessibility: With options for in-person and online therapy, Silver Lake makes mental health services accessible to teens everywhere, breaking down barriers to treatment.
- Confidentiality and Trust: We prioritize creating a safe and confidential space for teens to express themselves, building the trust essential for effective therapy.
Silver Lake Psychology is now offering teletherapy for Teens 14+
Silver Lake Psychology is happy to now offer it’s industry leading teletherapy services for teenagers fourteen and over. The stress of being a teen plus the pandemic has led to a need to provide mental health services for teens 14 and over.
Mental disorders among kids are serious changes in behavior and emotion, causing distress and problems getting through the day. Among the more common mental disorders that can be diagnosed in childhood are ADHD, anxiety, and behavior disorders.
Take The First Step Today
If your teen is facing mental health concerns, don’t wait to seek help. Silver Lake Psychology offers a supportive, understanding environment where your teen can thrive. Contact us today to explore our teen counseling services and find the right path for your family.
What are some of the main diagnosis of teens age 14+
There are many different diagnoses that affect teenagers. If you’re concerned or the parent of a teen that is exhibiting symptoms, we recommend having them see a therapist. Some of the mental health conditions that may be considered are:
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
There may be other mental health conditions that may be considered. Working with a therapist that specializes in working with teens like those at Silver Lake Psychology can help to improve symptoms, reduce negative effects in your life, and increase your quality of life.
What will you discuss with your Silver Lake Psychology Therapist?
For many, this may be your first time in therapy. Having an idea of what you expect can make it an easier decision to start therapy. The first step is that you’ll work with one of our Matching Experts. They’ll help navigate your insurance coverage, learn about your needs, and match you with your ideal therapist. If at any time it’s not the right fit for you, just let one of our Matching Experts know. They’ll rematch you with a therapist to make sure that you have the best client-therapist relationship possible. This is a main indicator of clinical success and one of the best parts of working with Silver Lake Psychology.
Once you meet your therapist for the first time, they’ll go over their process. They’ll go over the basics of therapy, safety, and how they’ll work with you. The first session is a bit more fact-finding than a traditional session. Once you start the second session you’ll begin the process.
What topics will I discuss with my therapist at Silver Lake Psychology?
There are many different topics that you can discuss with your therapist. Some may include: family relationships, romantic relationships, other relationships, school, bullying, social media, self esteem and anything else that you may be going through. This could include trauma, violence, family strife, or other issues. Your therapist will custom build a treatment plan to best meet your needs.
Why work with a teen therapist specialist at Silver Lake Psychology?
A teen therapist specialist at Silver Lake Psychology is trained to work with teenagers to help them with the unique experiences, stress of COVID, and challenges of daily life. Working with a therapist doesn’t have the stigma that it did even a few years ago.
Working to increase your emotional intelligence, learn coping skills, and manage symptoms and any mental health conditions is a sign of strength. Building your mental health strategy from an early age can lead to long standing benefits throughout your life. Working with a Silver Lake Psychology teen therapist specialist will help! Contact a Silver Lake Psychology Matching Expert today!
Can I choose a therapist for my teen?
Absolutely. We believe in matching your teen with the therapist that best suits their needs and personality. You’re welcome to discuss preferences with us during the initial consultation.
What if my teen is hesitant about teen therapy?
It’s common for teens to be unsure about therapy. We recommend starting with an informal meet-and-greet session with a potential therapist to help ease any apprehensions. Our professionals are skilled in connecting with teens and can help your child feel more comfortable with the process.
Are the online therapy sessions as effective as in-person?
Yes. Studies and our experience show that online counseling can be just as effective as face-to-face sessions for many mental health issues. The key is open communication and a committed approach from all parties involved.
How long does therapy typically last?
The duration of therapy varies widely depending on the individual’s needs, the complexity of their mental health concerns, and their progress. Some see improvements in a few months, while others may benefit from longer-term support.
Is my teen’s privacy protected?
Absolutely. Confidentiality is a cornerstone of our practice. We adhere strictly to privacy laws and ethical guidelines to protect the information shared during therapy sessions.
We also offer other services like Addiction Specialist, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Personal Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Therapy, OCD Specialists, Depression Specialists, Telehealth, and a lot more!
- Perou R, Bitsko RH, Blumberg SJ, Pastor P, Ghandour RM, Gfroerer JC, Hedden SL, Crosby AE, Visser SN, Schieve LA, Parks SE, Hall JE, Brody D, Simile CM, Thompson WW, Baio J, Avenevoli S, Kogan MD, Huang LN. Mental health surveillance among children – United States, 2005—2011. MMWR 2013;62(Suppl; May 16, 2013):1-35. [Read summary]
- Danielson ML, Bitsko RH, Ghandour RM, Holbrook JR, Blumberg SJ. Prevalence of parent-reported ADHD diagnosis and associated treatment among U.S. children and adolescents, 2016. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology. Published online before print January 24, 2018. [Read article]